Recent changes to the COVID roadmap by the NSW Government mean that additional easing of restrictions for places of worship took effect from Monday 8 November.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church is open for all liturgical celebrations.
As places of worship need to comply with government regulations, anyone coming to Mass will need to abide by the following:
- Attendance will be capped at 1 person per 2 square metres
- Service NSW Check In will be required (or manual sign in if you do not have access to the Service NSW App), but vaccination status will not be checked
- Fully vaccinated members of the assembly can sing
- Masks must be worn, and COVID Safe practices (such as physical distancing) will continue
- The sign of peace can be made by way of a bow of the head
- Doors and windows should be open to maximise ventilation
Attendance at weddings and funerals where attendees are fully vaccinated is now limited to 1 person per 2 square metres. Strict limits still apply if there are unvaccinated attendees.
From 15 December, or when 95% vaccination rate is reaches (whichever comes first), all members of the assembly may sing.
We look forward to seeing parishioners back at Mass when they are ready to return.