As the 80% vaccination rate in New South Wales has been reached earlier than anticipated, the next easing of COVID restrictions will take effect from tomorrow, Monday 18 October.
Masses at Our Lady of Mount Carmel will resume from the 6:00 pm Mass on Saturday 23 October.
As places of worship need to comply with government regulations, anyone coming to Mass will need to abide by the following:
- Attendance will be capped at 1 person per 4 square metres
- Service NSW Check In will be required, but vaccination status will not be checked
- The assembly cannot sing, but a choir is allowed
- Masks must be worn, and COVID Safe practices (such as physical distancing) will continue
- The sign of peace can be made by way of a bow of the head
- Doors and windows should be open to maximise ventilation
Restrictions will ease further on 1 December, allowing increased capacity and singing.
We look forward to seeing parishioners back at Mass when they are ready to return.